Last year I requested a spiral lesson hoping for a nice tight candy cane two-colour spiral. Of course our teacher Marilyn likes to do her own thing and instead chose a dutch spiral project using bugle beads.
Let me tell you right from the off I didn’t like it. Marilyn’s one was all gappy and saggy, I find her beading tension too slack so thought perhaps it would turn out ok if it was stitched a bit tighter.. nope, turned out to be a duff project. No-one’s looked good. I took some pics first but I cut it up when I got home.
I think a lot of the problem was that my bugles were too big, it looked slightly better when people made it with shorter bugles but not good enough really. I think I’m a delica beader at heart.